Pregnancy + Physiotherapy… What can Flex offer?
CONGRATULATIONS if you are reading this and are pregnant! What an exciting time in your life. Your body will be going through many amazing changes over the next few months – during pregnancy and post pregnancy.
This post is to give you a greater understanding of what our fabulous team of physiotherapists at Flex Rehabilitation Clinic can offer to support you, during this exciting time. We have wonderful MUSCULOSKELETAL physiotherapists, as well as PELVIC FLOOR physiotherapists who can assist with your concerns.
Common issues during pregnancy include:
- Neck pain
- Thoracic (upper back) stiffness
- Low back pain
- Tummy muscle separation
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Urinary incontinence
If you are experiencing any of these issues, or others, then an appointment with one of our experienced Physiotherapists may be beneficial.
Treatment can involve:
- Postural taping to relieve pain and reinforce correct posture
- Hands on treatment to relieve stiff joints or tight muscles
- The provision of exercises to stretch or strengthen muscles
- Education and home tips, to help with your concerns
- Commencing a Clinical Pilate’s program in one of our wonderful studios (we also offer Mums and Bubs Classes at our Norwood clinic http://flexclinic.com.au/servi...
- The suggestion to try an external support device, such as:
- A Maternity Belt, SRC Shorts or Tubigrip - to give low back and abdominal muscle support
- Sacroiliac Joint (SIJ) Belt - to provide extra support to the pelvis
- Massage Ball - so you can give yourself self-relief at any time
- Epi-No Childbirth Trainer
Book an appointment if you wish to seek the help of one of our experienced musculoskeletal and/or pelvic floor physiotherapists.